St Joseph’s Mini Vinnies
The Society of St Vincent de Paul has been engaging with young people and education since its earliest days and has developed a primary initiative, the 'Mini Vinnies' programme.
St Joseph’s has its own ‘Mini Vinnie’ group which is made up of children from Years 4-6. Mini Vinnies introduces children to social justice issues and to living the faith through action as part of the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
Our Mini Vinnies meet up once a week to identify and help those in need within our school and local community.
Our Minnie Vinnies:
- Pray as part of each meeting
- Undertake an achievable project that will make a difference in the lives of the poor, isolated or marginalised
- Learn and develop into more socially aware and responsible adults
- Fundraise for St Vincent de Paul
- Visit the elderly (A teacher will always accompany a small group)
- Help with the Christmas appeal
Our Mini Vinnies enjoy making a difference in this world.
Please have a look at the Mini Vinnies official website for further information.
Sancreed Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4DZ